Last updated: 30 April 2018
If you have any questions or complaints, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. (see paragraph 15).
The GDPR protects European Union data subjects' fundamental right to privacy and the protection of personal data. It introduces robust requirements that will raise and harmonize standards for data protection, security, and compliance.
The GDPR applies to all organizations established in the EU and to organizations, whether or not established in the EU, that process the personal data of EU data subjects in connection with either the offering of goods or services to data subjects in the EU or the monitoring of behavior that takes place within the EU. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- 1. Personal data
- 1.1 Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. So your personal data means any information about you, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, verification picture, member name, password, marital status, medical information, comments, profiles, personal descriptions and statistics, photos, stories, access details, financial details and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us or otherwise via the site at any time.
- 1.2 A username, password and email address is required to create a profile. Due to the nature of a contact site a correct home location (city) is essential and we need a correct date of birth to verify that you are an adult. Furthermore your Log-Data (paragraph 8) will be stored. Those are “Must-Have” data. All other personal data is optional, “Nice-To-Have” Data and it is up to you what you will publish.
- 2.When do we collect your data?
- We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- 2.1 If you register as a member, we collect data when you:
- 2.1.1 register as a member.
- 2.1.2 update your member profile or settings.
- 2.1.3 make payments.
- 2.1.4 post an entry or any content on the site.
- 2.1.5 upload digital data such as pictures on the site.
- 2.1.6 send messages via our internal message system or our chat system.
- 2.2 If you otherwise use the site (whether or not you are a member), we collect your data from you:
- 2.2.1 When you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us.
- 2.2.2 In monitoring your communications sent via the sites and use of the sites ensure and check compliance with the Terms of Service (TOS) or otherwise as required by law.
- 2.2.3 When you disclose your data to us or otherwise through the website at any other point.
- 3. How do we use your data
- 3.1 We use your data:
- 3.1.1 in the fulfilment of the contract purpose (your membership).
- 3.1.2 to verify your identity.
- 3.1.3 to identify your preferences.
- 3.1.4 to meet regulatory requirements.
- 3.1.5 to monitor, develop and improve the site, services and your experience.
- 3.1.6 to process your registration as a member and to process and administer your membership (where appropriate).
- 3.1.7 to process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you.
- 3.1.8 to investigate any suspected breach of the TOS (as relevant) made by or otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including by way of checking postings to the site, retaining forum or chat room exchanges and using keyword triggers to investigate usage that may be inappropriate.
- 3.1.9 where (and only where) requested by you, to send you and keep you updated with information by email about existing and new services and special offers from us.
- 3.1.10 where (and only where) requested by you, to send you information by email about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
- 3.1.11 To inform you of any significant planned service outages, upgrades or changes that impact the way you use the services.
To opt-out of receiving any information pursuant to paragraphs 3.1.9, 3.1.10 or 3.3.12 you can email us at email@example.com stating your username, and who you do not wish to receive further communications from. We will respond within a maximum of 48 hours.
- 4. Will we pass on your data to third parties?
- 4.1 We may pass your data to other parties as follows:
- 4.1.1where relevant, your member name and information you voluntarily provide in your member profile will be published on the members' area of the site and this will be the identity by which you are known on the site. Where other members wish to chat or otherwise contact you, they may be able to identify you by your member name, pictures and any other information e.g. your location, email address, sexual preferences or medical information, you may yourself disclose via the site.
- 4.1.2 to our team member to administer your membership and the services provided to you by us now or in the future.
- 4.1.3 to our payment processing partner, who are responsible for payments via credit card (see https://www.wirecardbank.com/GDPR), Sofort banking, wire transfer or any other payment options. They may need personal details e.g. your name, your address, your Internet Protocol (IP) address address your bank and/or your credit card details, the amount, currency and also transaction details. They can use those details for handling of payments and can circulate information to us. All information will be handled securely to ensure confidentiality. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption is employed on the payment site to ensure sensitive data is protected. We and the payment processing partners are PCI compliant. For more information about the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, you can consult the information provided by the PCI Security Standards Council Site at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org
- 4.1.4 we may use to a third-party’s software / tool to receive your geographic data and information.
- 4.1.5 we may disclose your data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms of Service (TOS) and Conditions by you or otherwise where required by law. If we’re going to share your information in response to legal process, we’ll give you notice so you can challenge it, unless we’re prohibited from doing so by law or court order.
- 4.2 We do not pass or sell your data to third persons for any other purpose than those set out in 4.1 above. Any marketing under paragraph 3.1.9 is conducted by us on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to your data unless you yourself choose to contact them.
- 4.3 Always think carefully before disclosing your data or other information to other members or otherwise posting your data on one of our sites. It is important that you are aware that any of your data or other information which you disclose to another member may then be disclosed on the sites by that member. As stated in the TOS, we have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between members.
- Be aware:
- 4.3.1 Any content you add or any change that you make on the website will be visible publicly.
- 4.3.2 If you add content or make a change on your profile, that content or change will be publicly and permanently attributed to the IP address used at the time.
- 4.4 We may employ third-party vendors and hosting partners for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology and we may employ individuals such as programmers we need to run the website, to facilitate our website, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- 5. How long do we store your data?
- 5.1 As long as you are member of the site, your data will be stored. When you delete something from your profile, it will no longer be accessible by another member on the site.
- 5.1.1 If you delete your profile, your profile including the profile text, your preferences and your pictures will be removed immediately.
- 5.1.2 If you delete your profile, messages to other users will not be deleted in the other user’s mailbox. It might be that a user has received copies of your messages via external email. We do not have any access to those emails.
- 5.1.3 If you delete your profile, your discussions, your discussion contributions, your events, your event participations, your stories, your personals ads, your classified ads, your comments on user’s profiles etc. may still be visible to other users.
- 5.2 There is a weekly backup of all data. The backup will be stored for max 180 days.
- 5.3 The web server logs will be deleted after 180 days.
- 6. Data Security
- 6.1 The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your data.
- 6.2 The connection to our website is optional encrypted via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. So please use https:// to connect to the website to ensure that all data passed between the web server and your browser remains private and integral.
- 7. Cookies
- 7.2 For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
- 8. Log Data
- 8.1 We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (Log Data). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- 8.2 We do not use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information. There is no session tracking or session reply.
- 9. Access to and updating your data
- 9.1 Where you are a member, you may access and update your data contained in your member account accessed. You must make sure that you update your data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
- 10. External links
- 10.1 Please be aware that the site may link to other websites that may be accessed by you through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked websites. We do not have any control over the use to which third parties may put your data where you choose to purchase products or services or otherwise to contact them via this website.
- 11. Worldwide Data transfer
- 11.1 This site is accessible via the internet and therefore may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. This means that, where you post your data on the sites, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
- 11.2 Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the European Union and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to the European Union and process it there.
- 11.3 Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside the European Union and Switzerland. If so we require our partner to have a certification from the Privacy Shield. The Privacy Shield Frameworks are designed to provide a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States in support of transatlantic commerce. You can find more information here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
- 12. Compliance with Laws
- 12.1 As set out above, and for clarity, we will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law, e.g. GDPR or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
- 13. Children's Privacy
- 13.1 Due to the nature of our website we do not address anyone under the age of 18 years. No minors (defined here as persons under the age of 18 years) are allowed to become a member of the website and thus access its services and content (see TOS as well). We do not collect personally identifiable information from minors, and if we learn that a member is underage, we will delete their account immediately.
- 15. Contact, Complaints and Feedback
- 15.1 If you have any complaints about another member or any aspect of the sites or if you have any questions or would otherwise like to provide any other feedback, then you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a maximum of 48 hours.